The origin of IntrovertPRESS is a selfish one. Upon completing my novel and not having a traditional publishing contract I was faced with the Indie Author conundrum:
- I wrote a book
- I now want to sell the book
- Commence bashing head into desk
It’s a bit like getting yourself all gussied up on a Saturday night and then hoping a date will materialize at your door. It is infuriating, even Carrie had a prom date.
So I created IntrovertPRESS to accomplish a few things:
- Make me feel like I’m actually DOING something to market my book
- Give my book a traditional publisher feel
- Create a network to put my book in front of buyers
- Garner a peer review of my novel until I land a qualified industry review
- See #1
In addition, I’m going to purchase my own ISBN so I can put my book on local bookstore shelves. The local paper has agreed to do a book review of my novel, so — assuming it is positive — my book will have a local push. If anyone else is interested in purchasing ISBN’s for their work, the costs are far more reasonable when you purchase in bulk:
- $125 – 1 ISBN
- $250 – 10 ISBNs – if IntrovertPRESS buys 10, super cheap to IP members
- $575 – 100 ISBNs – super cheaper here!
- $1000 – 1000 ISBNs – super cheapest…ISBN’s all around bartender!
Apparently buying ISBN’s is like buying mayonnaise, the 5 gallon vat of condiment is cheaper in bulk — and so it goes for literary birthmarks.
Respond if you are interested in joining our band of merry authors.